'Tis the season! The season of peppers? Sure. The season of tacos and cheesesteaks? Always. And yes...spring is the season of low carbs for those who may be getting summer-ready.
Taco and Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers are easy to make, low carb, and gluten-free.
Taco Stuffed Peppers
4 medium peppers, you can halve them or keep them whole. You can use yellow, red, orange, and purple peppers.
1 ½ lb. ground beef or ground turkey, browned
1 packet taco seasoning mix or use a homemade taco seasoning
¾ cup water
1 ½ cup shredded cheese (Use whatever kind of cheese you have in the fridge.)
1 cup sour cream
½ cup salsa
- Preheat the oven to 350˚. Wash peppers. Keep whole or slice lengthwise in half through the middle. Remove seeds. You can pre-cook the peppers until they are soft (you can microwave them to soften them.)
- While peppers are cooking, brown the turkey or beef until cooked through. Add taco seasonings and water. Cook according to the instructions on the taco packet. After the meat is cooked, mix in sour cream, salsa, and 1 cup of shredded cheese.
- Spray a 13x9 baking dish if you halved the peppers or use a smaller dish for whole peppers. Place cooked peppers inside the dish and stuff peppers with the meat and cheese mixture. Top with the remaining cheese. Bake 350˚ for 20-30 minutes. Serve with your favorite taco ingredients and a side of salsa. Enjoy!
Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers:
4 medium peppers, (same as above)
1lb. lean ground beef or steak-ums
1 small to medium onion
8 ounces of sliced mushroom (optional)
3 tbsp butter
Provolone cheese sliced or shredded
- Preheat the oven to 400˚ and cook pepper, as above.
- Melt butter in a large skillet, then add onion and mushrooms. Cook for 20 minutes. If you don’t use mushrooms, cook onions until softened. Add meat and cook for 10 minutes or until no longer pink.
- Spray a 13x9 baking dish if you halved the peppers or use a smaller dish for whole peppers.
- Place a slice or some shredded cheese in the bottom of each pepper, then stuff with meat mixture. Top each pepper with lots of cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the cheese starts to brown.